TUM Asia recognises the value of academic industry partnerships and is working closely with industry leaders on executive training programmes in advanced manufacturing. In 2018, TUM Asia partnered Festo Didactic to launch Singapore’s 1st Industry 4.0 Specialist Diploma in Advanced Digital Manufacturing.
Under the direct guidance of German experts who are the key drivers of Industry 4.0, the Specialist Diploma in Advanced Digital Manufacturing aims to equip participants with relevant Industry 4.0 knowledge and skills as well as hands on experience with state-of-art training equipment to prepare them for more complex job roles to meet new technological challenges in the advanced manufacturing industry. Participants can also receive expert mentorship to create and implement a digital transformation blueprint for their businesses to improve productivity and transform their operations.
The Specialist Diploma in Advanced Digital Manufacturing is a 280-hour programme and consists of six different modules that can be taken independently:
Upon successful completion of each module, participants will be awarded with a modular certificate and the Specialist Diploma in Advanced Digital Manufacturing certificate will be awarded for full completion of the 6 modules.
The programme highlights include:
- Understanding the Smart Industry Readiness Index (SIRI)
- Workshops on additive manufacturing, collaborative robots and Lean 4.0
- Access to manufacturing execution system and digital twin software
- Local case study on Aquaculture 4.0 and indoor farming
- Site visit to Advanced Manufacturing Transformation Centre
- Site visit to Competence Centre for Digitalisation, Technology and Innovation
- Site visits to early adopters and hidden champions in Singapore
Reasons to join Specialist Diploma in Advanced Digital Manufacturing
Application information for Specialist Diploma in Advanced Digital Manufacturing
Who Should Attend
Professionals in the following or related fields:
- Information Technology
- Science & Technology
Individuals interested in:
- Advanced Digital Manufacturing
A Bachelor’s degree (or higher), OR a relevant polytechnic diploma with at least 2 years of related
Applicants who do not meet the entry requirements may be considered based on:
- Evidence of at least 5 years of relevant working experience; OR
- Supporting evidence of competency readiness